Android App Landing screen on Open/Unlock

Options
Chagoi
Chagoi
Community Member

Hi when opening/unlock 1Password on Android devices it always displays the last item you where on. This could be anything! A login or more worryingly some sensitive info such as credit card details. Can this behaviour be altered in settings so that it open to a less sensitive screen such as home?

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Chagoi, thanks for writing in.

As you mentioned, 1Password for Android will re-open where you left off. There is not currently a setting to change this behavior but I certainly see how this could be beneficial. It's always good to have personal insights in the feedback we file. So, if you can let me know any additional details as to why this feature would be helpful for you, I'll be able to pass that on to the Product team.

I don't think it's quite what you're looking for but as a workaround, you could add a separate app link to open 1Password to Search, Watchtower, All Items or Favorites with the steps below:
    1. Long press the 1Password app icon on your home screen or app list.
    2. Long press your preferred option, "Open Search", "Open Watchtower", "View all of your items", or "View your Favorite items".
    3. Drag the app link to your preferred location.

Tapping the app link will open to the listed menu rather than where you left off. You can also tap any of these options after long pressing the 1Password app icon to open them rather than adding an app link.

• Chagoi
    Chagoi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Timothy, Thanks for the reply.

I've noting additional to add as it's as I stated I think it a bit of a security flaw or undesirable to have the app open to the last item/page viewed. I can see for some it would be useful, but not for me.

You workaround is OK I found Open Search/Watchtower ones the best as they do then not show any last searched items. If I selected the View 'all of your items'/ 'your Favourite items'. Then if you selected search from there it would open the last searched item back to what I'd consider to be a flaw or undesirable action for me.

So dragging the icon for "Open Search" to home screen works for me for now. it's Icon is of course different but obvious enough that it's 1Password.

If the option to select the page to open by default and/or an option to clear the last viewed/searched item could be in settings, Maybe as you have the app timeout for security, an added timeout option to return/clear selected screen setting maybe. they would be good added features in my opinion.

• Chagoi
    Chagoi
    Community Member
    Options

Ah might have spoken too soon!

I find that if I leave the app open in background. When I open it up again regardless of if I'm prompted to login again or not, it still opens to the last page/Item I was on!

So I guess another 'feature' that would be desirable would be if it to return to nominated page after login time out or the being sent to background?

• Hi @Chagoi, thanks for following up with us and sharing this feedback.

I can definitely understand your interest in having 1Password open to the Home tab rather than the last viewed item. We have also received contrary feedback so it would be great to find a middle ground with an optional setting as you mentioned or a timed feature. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I've shared your request and feedback with the team for further review.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.