Issue with searching for login with iOS app

Options
EcLiPsE1
EcLiPsE1
Community Member
edited August 2023 in iOS

Hello, I'm new to 1password as I was advised that with recent breaches with LastPass I need to migrate to 1password which apparently has a better track record where these breaches are concerned. I exported my login/passwords from LastPass and imported into 1Password but I'm having an issue on my iPhone where when I open a particular app at the login screen the 1password autofill prompt comes up but it has no suggestions. I tap on "Passwords" which launches 1password to the page where I can search for the login I'm interested in. I type the name of the app and still no suggestions. However, when I directly open the 1password app, go to the search and type in the name of the app (exactly the same search string) it finds the login I'm looking for right away. Why is the search working when 1password is launched one way and not the other , isn't it supposed to be searching the same database regardless of how it is launched?

1Password Version: iOS 8.10.9
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 16.5.1 (c)
Browser: n/a

Comments

• EcLiPsE1
    EcLiPsE1
    Community Member
    Options

One additional question, with my paid subscription to LastPass I had access to customer support 800 number where I could speak directly to a human, is that not available with 1Password? I was unable to find one.

• Hello @EcLiPsE1! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling a password into an app on your iPhone. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

As a first step, I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If that doesn't work then I see that you've also sent an email in to the support team with the same questions and you'll receive a response there as soon as possible. Email lets us list detailed steps and share links to resources, providing a reference that can be saved for the future; for this reason, we don't offer phone or chat support.

To prevent having the same conversation in two different places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: KKX-97752-772

This discussion has been closed.