Extension just spinning

Options
1pass32
1pass32
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm on MacOS 13.5 and this has been going on with multiple browsers. Everything is up to date and I'm going crazy. I've been paid sub for quite some time and no issues until about two months ago.

When I go to unlock my extension, it pulls up the main app and asks for a password. I put it in and then the extension also asks for a password. And then the extension just "spins" (screenshot). The only way around it is to launch the desktop app and log in.

Its making me absolutely crazy. Happening on my home mac and my work mac.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: 13.5
Browser: Multiple (Chrome, Brave, Edge)

Comments

• Hi @1pass32,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you start by giving the below steps a try:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

If this doesn't improve things, I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.