Why choose category?

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Lounge

Why am I asked to choose category for a topic? The topic is for alerts with dates which shall apply to all versions then why sold or be do l defined to either Mac, iPhone or android?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @vishalsheth

The forum is divided into categories to help us organize the different topics that can be discussed. Folks using 1Password only on a Mac likely have no interest in seeing threads about 1Password on Windows and the categories help create rooms for the different discussions that can take place.

I recommend posting in the category that best matches the platform that you're using. If none of the categories fit then you can post in the Lounge category.

I've replied to your question about expiry date alerts here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/692751/#Comment_692751

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Ok. I see the lounge category. So if it’s across multiple platforms then it’s better to post under “lounge category”. Ok, got it.

Why is there no option to save the versions of browser, app, etc? This helps in creating a new post. I don’t need to hunt every time. Depending on the post the field can be selected.

• Ben
    Options

Ok. I see the lounge category. So if it’s across multiple platforms then it’s better to post under “lounge category”. Ok, got it.

Sure. Or pick the one that most closely fits, and we'll move it on our end if need be. 😄

Why is there no option to save the versions of browser, app, etc? This helps in creating a new post. I don’t need to hunt every time. Depending on the post the field can be selected.

This information is subject to change quite regularly, and most people aren't starting new threads frequently. Feel free to only include the information that is relevant. For example, if the issue has nothing to do with a web browser, you can leave that blank. 👍️

Ben

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

New versions would come in but it can always be updated. The same setup is used in Apple discussion community.

• Thank you for the feedback. I'll have it passed along to the team. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.