Webcam QR scan didn't work

Options

Comments

• Netpog
    Netpog
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, @Dave_1P, here's what worked for me:
    I just installed on an iMac, and the QR code was ignored, as if I were showing the camera an old newspaper. This was the case for QR codes displayed by my phone and by my laptop, until I turned my laptop's screen brightness to maximum, when it worked immediately.

(It's a ThinkPad X1. At max brightness you can get a suntan from that thing.)

• @Netpog

Thank you for sharing. Can you clarify the device that the QR code was being displayed on and which version of 1Password, and on which device, you used to scan the QR code?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Netpog
    Netpog
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @Dave_1P. I was displaying the QR code (unsuccessfully) on a Google Pixel 7 (stock Android, fully updated) which now has 1Password 8.10.12-5.BETA

I didn't think to try turning the brightness to max until after I switched to my laptop, and failed (initially) on that device as well.

The device reading the QR code was an iMac Retina 5K Late 2015 27in (its built-in camera).

(Did I answer your questions?)

• @Netpog

Thank you for the reply. I've split your comments from the other thread into a new thread since it sounds like you're reporting a slightly different issue.

You said that you had just installed 1Password on a Mac, were you scanning the Setup Code (displayed on your Android phone) using the Mac's webcam so that you could add your 1Password account to the Mac?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.