Android: Search Function Doesn't Reset!

Options
BluePlants
BluePlants
Community Member

This is extremely frustrating...

1. Open 1Password on Android
  2. Search for something and select that item to copy the password (for example)
  3. A lot of time passes, maybe even days between using the app...
  4. Open up the app, click search and get taken to that last item from above...
  5. Have to click the search icon again (or click the back arrow at least twice) to start a new search

In what world is this a useful function?

It's been like this for a long time and I'm surprised every time there's an app update that it hasn't been fixed. Search should clear and my default location should be the home screen after X amount of time (minutes, seconds, customisable, closing the app?). It's highly unlikely I need that same item from 10 minutes ago, let alone 10 days ago...

Samsung S22+, Android 13

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BluePlants, thanks for writing in and sharing this feedback.

In some situations, users may be switching focus back and forth between 1Password and other apps. In such a scenario, having search reset regularly could derail the workflow, forcing the user to repeatedly search for a specific item.

That being said, I can certainly understand why you would want the search cleared after a prolonged period, especially if that extend to days. My apologies for any frustration this has caused.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I would be happy to share your feedback with the team and file a request to examine this behavior. You've laid out a clear use case for these options in 1Password for Android. If you'd like to add any additional details as to why this would be beneficial to you, I would be happy to pass that along to the team as well. Thanks again!

Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I agree with Bluepants and have already sent this feedback to the team. I talked about this on reddit 8 months ago. Still no fix. I have really mixed feelings about 1P8 on Android. The app is hard to use and feels overwhelming even after 1 year of giving feedback for v8.

• Hi @0100110, thanks for writing in and sharing your thoughts here.

I'm sorry your experience with 1Password for Android hasn't been meeting expectations. Finding the right balance with certain features and functions like this can be difficult, as it can come down to a preference rather than an inherent bug or issue. I can definitely see the benefit in resetting search in some situations, as you and Bluepants have indicated, and it would be great to see some options become available in 1Password for Android to help with that.

If there's anything we can help with at this time, or if you'd like to share any further feedback, just let me know!

This discussion has been closed.