To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Billing: anyone using Indian credit cards able to renew subscription recently?

Options
zorbish
zorbish
Community Member

Overall very happy using 1Password for the family since last couple of years.
But this time around, yearly subscription billing time , I am not able to renew due to some known issues at 1Password side. Already in touch with support executives via email, and they have been helpful to the extent that collect console logs and use gift card for renewals.
Gift cards are not practical to be used simply because of their denominations being way off than the subscription pricing.

I'm curious to know anyone sele faced this issue and how were you able to resolve this?
Unfortunately, this is becoming a deal breaker for me as a customer, for an overall awsome product.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ chrome and edge

Comments

• shadyhulk
    shadyhulk
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same. I've tried two different cards from different banks and both ended up saying the same thing - "we've approved your transaction amount, but it's the merchant site that's failing. Unfortunately, we can't do anything more."

Been facing renewal payment failure since May 2023.

• Hi @zorbish,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

@shadyhulk, if you could follow the along with the above also - we'll be happy to look into it!

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve emailed for the same issue. Why is this cropping up now? I’m hoping you guys don’t block me from using 1password.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @vishalsheth

India is ahead of the curve on implementing a technology called 3-D Secure, and this is why a number of people are having issues. We're asking folks to email our billing team so we can investigate each individual situation, as not all cases are the same. Having a chat with our billing team would be the best way to work around any issues. We can talk in generalities here, but we are unable to address specific billing issues on this public forum.

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: RXW-58232-668

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Ben
    I’ve already emailed the team.

• raisedadead
    raisedadead
    Community Member
    Options

This is extremely frustrating.

India is ahead of the curve on implementing a technology called 3-D Secure

I don't mean to be rude, but 3D Secure is a standard by VISA – A very American company. It's not new; it has been around for ages, and 1Password seems to have fallen behind.

Please fix this urgently or provide alternate means (payment links are a thing) to clear the invoice with other processors like PayPal or Stripe, who do handle this for you.

Also, while the Gift cards are an option, the denominations mean I would end up overpaying (buying more credits than I need) for the invoice in my case.

• raisedadead
    raisedadead
    Community Member
    Options

Alright - here is some troubleshooting info for anyone dealing with this:

1. You should email support+billing@1password.com with the subject that your card is not working, and they will email you back with a one-time payment link (uses Stripe, at least in my case).

2. Ensure the card you use has international transactions enabled for the online/e-commerce category. You may need to check your net banking or mobile-banking apps for this - or contact your bank.

3. You should be able to use your card issued by VISA/MasterCard normally on the link sent to you.

• @raisedadead

I appreciate the feedback! We do use Stripe as our payment processor, and have been working alongside them to ensure we're able to take payments from cards using 3D Secure for several years. However, if you're running into any issues with your payment method, please reach out to us directly.

This way we can both help you sort our your subscription and work with Stripe to sort out why this payment wasn't accepted and how to prevent this from happening going forward. Thank you for the understanding.

This discussion has been closed.