Importing 1Pux into new family account from individual

Options
tr0d19
tr0d19
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Families

Hello,

I came to learn that I cannot add an existing individual account to a family but then I went ahead and created a new family account for that individual one. Now, I am trying to import the 1pux I got from the individual and it's greyed out (it wouldn't let me add a 1pux file). I need to import the 1pux file as I have more than just usernames and passwords and CSV is not an option for me.

What can I do in this case?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@tr0d19

You need the Desktop version of the app (macOS or Windows).

• Hi @tr0d19,

Are you looking to join a family account and already have an existing individual account?

If you have an existing individual account and want to join a family account, ask the family organizer to invite you to the account.

After you join the family account, follow these steps to migrate your information:

1. Add your family account to the 1Password apps on all your devices.

2. In the 1Password app on one device, move the items from your individual account to the Private vault in your family account. You can move items you want to share with everyone in the family to the Shared vault.
      (If you have other vaults you want to move to the family account, create new vaults in the family account, then move your items.)

3. Sign in to your family account on 1Password.com to make sure all your items are there.

4. Sign out of your individual account in the 1Password apps.

When you’ve confirmed all your items are moved and you no longer need your old account, you can delete your individual account.

This discussion has been closed.