Increase the size of the popup window when using the Chrome extension

Options
Westport
Westport
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Whenever I use the extension to search for a password, the left side panel is too small and cuts off most of my password titles. I need to hunt for the open in new window menu item and then rerun the search. Is there a way to either open the main window by default from the extension icon or increase the size of the popup window?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Increase the size of the window when using the Chrome extension

Comments

• Hey @Westport,

Currently there is no way to resize the pop up window in your browser. I can, however, see how this would be beneficial to you so I have put in a request with our Product team for consideration in future updates.

You may find it easier to hit CTRL + O on your keyboard when you are viewing an item in your browser, this will open it in a new window.

I hope this helps, thank you for your feedback.

• ahortin
    ahortin
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

+1 for this. This is a must have! I've just been forced to "upgrade" to 1PW8 from 1PW7 because your browser extension is going to stop working, and I honestly don't know how you can call this an upgrade. You no longer support Smart Folders, you can't increase column widths in the web app, you can't view attached files in the web app, you can't change the size of the browser popup window, so all your password titles are cropped and unreadable. Everything about 1PW8 is inferior to 1PW7.

As a sidenote, hitting CTRL+O when the Browser popup is open, does nothing (on Mac Firefox).

EDIT: Have just worked out that it's CMD+O to open the PW in a new window (on the Mac). All it does though is open it in the 1PW app, and that doesn't allow you to autofill the PW in the browser, so it's basically useless functionality anyway.

• Westport
    Westport
    Community Member
    Options

CTRL+O is def an improvement. I will burn that in my memory. Appreciate the response.
    Would be good to have an option to always open like that mode.

• Hey @ahortin,

I can understand the frustration when your workflow is disrupted and I appreciate the level of detail you have provided in regards to the features you believe 1Password in the browser is currently missing.

You're right, smart folders are no longer supported but you can now organize your items using tags and collections. Can you describe to me the functionality that you are missing so I can be more specific when I put in a request with the product team?

As for adjusting column widths, adjusting the window size and being able to view attachments from 1Password in your browser I have passed this feedback on to the team. I agree it would be good to have the functionality consistent with the 1Password desktop app as you can indeed do all of these things within there.

You may also find it easier to use Quick Access to locate and fill an item, as the titles are displayed in full here. Here's some more information: Get to know Quick Access.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password.

ref: PB33382135

• ahortin
    ahortin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles,
    Thanks for the reply. I wont bother going into detail re the Smart Folders. I've already done that recently on a dedicated thread that I raised prior to upgrading to 1PW8, as I wanted to find out if they were still unsupported. I always found them way more useful than just tags alone. With that said, it's seem very unlikely that 1PW will ever implement them, going forward, so I had to spend hours and hours changing tags and removing my reliance on Smart Folders, prior to updating to 1PW8.
    Hopefully I wont ever have to use the web app much, since I'll just use the dedicated desktop app, but it would be good to see the web app provide the same functionality.
    Thanks.

• Thanks for getting back to me @ahortin, I understand and I'm sorry for the disruption,

Thank you for providing your feedback, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

• gualo
    gualo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I understand that making the popup resizable requires some work, and that we'll have to wait until your team (hopefully) includes that in a future release.
    An easier (temporary?) alternative could be to allow the left side panel to also scroll horizontally, which will allow for displaying the complete items names. Given that the panel is already scrollable vertically allowing horizontal scrolling is just a single easy change in the CSS stylesheet definition.

• Hey @gualo,

Thank you for the great suggestion, I have passed it on to the team.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: PB34923997

This discussion has been closed.