Chrome extension annoyingly logs me out WAY too frequently - how to change?

Options

It is SO annoying how often the 1Password extension in my Chrome browser logs me out.
I logged into it about two hours ago, and proceeded to use it, and now, just two hours later, I find I am logged out of it again! And no, I have not closed my browser!

I do not see anywhere that I can change this setting. Does it exist?
If so, I would personally prefer to set it to the longest duration possible, to keep me logged in.
It is counterproductive for me to have to manually enter in my strong unique master password so often.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: Chrome 114.0.5735.143
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @MultiMatt,

1Password in your browser shares the lock state of your 1Password desktop app. Here is how you can extend the length of time before it auto locks: Manage auto lock in the 1Password apps.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

• MultiMatt
    MultiMatt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph,

Thanks for responding, but this doesn't help me in my case. I am using a Chromebook, not a Windows PC. My Pixelbook is my primary machine, so I essentially live in the Chrome browser, and rely on the 1Password Chrome extension for all my needs.

To my knowledge, there is no "desktop" app version available for the Chromebook, and as you likely know, there aren't granular settings for auto-lock in the Extension security settings:

Sounds like a missed opportunity for such a setting to be an option for a user like me! I'm sure I'm not alone!

Matt

• Hey @MultiMatt,

Thank you for getting back to me, it does seem strange that 1Password in your browser is locking if you are not closing your browser.

Are you able to grab a console log from the extension the next time you bump into this behaviour so we can take a closer look at what is happening? Here's how:

Please attach this to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.