SSO and New Invites process onboarding.

Options
thebill
thebill
Community Member

Hello

I have SSO setup and running with Azure but we are not using provisioning.

My question. How do I invite new users and allow them to setup/first login with SSO rather then make them pick a password, download the emergency kit - then I need to approve the account, add them to my SSO_Login group which then puts that user account into recovery which emails them again, they click the link and then I need to complete the recovery.

This is not a great new user workflow.....Am I doing it wrong? Any suggestions?

BTW: there is a security issue in this workflow, when I add the user to the SSO group it sends them an email - all they need to do is click the link (they don't login to SSO provider) and the option in 1Password appears for me to complete the recovery (with the user never confirming the SSO login). Now they still need an SSO login to get back in - but would assume a successful login should be part of the process.

Bill

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @thebill,

Our Integrations team will be happy to advise here. First, please send us an email at businesssupport@1password.com from your account's registered email address to continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.