"Sign in with Firefox" not detected

Options

Hello,

"Sign in with Firefox" is not being detected at the moment by 1Password. It's available in Pocket and mozilla.social (I just know of these ones), but when I try to use it, 1Password doesn't do anything. It does detect "Sign in with Apple", "...Google", "...Microsoft" and others.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.2
Browser:_ Firefox 113.0

Comments

• Hi @jesusjimsa, thanks for reaching out!

Firefox is currently not a supported sign-in provider, so it won't work when using 1Password in your browser's "Sign in with" feature. You can find a list of currently supported providers in the link below:

If adding Firefox to the list of supported providers is something you'd like to see, I'll be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf and provide any further feedback you may have to our Product team to take into consideration.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• jesusjimsa
    jesusjimsa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @david.m_1P,

Yes please, submit the feature request.

Thank you.

• Thanks for confirming, @jesusjimsa! I've submitted the request. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

PB32979584

• clamb3r
    clamb3r
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to add another vote for this feature request, if that's possible?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Done. :) @clamb3r

ref: PB-34460936

• meilon
    meilon
    Community Member
    Options

And here's another upvote. I guess the mandatory Pocket login change will make this a really appreciated addition for a lot of people!

• Thanks @meilon, I have passed on your feedback.

ref: PB34560817

• brody
    brody
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this, thanks!

• @brody,

I have added your vote, thank you!

ref: PB34699303

• mschmitt
    mschmitt
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

+1, since Pocket (getpocket.com, formerly Read It Later) just transitioned to using Firefox as the account.

Question: Why can't I set any login to use the login from another item? Even if 1Password might not know that it needs to take a special action on the site (such as to pick the "sign in with x" option), it would still let me indicate in the database which items are sharing the same login information. And it would mean that when I update that shared password, it would update in all of the items that use it.

• Thanks @mschmitt, I have added your vote.

A login item will only be suggested on pages you have the website URL saved for within it. You can however, link related items which may help to somewhat achieve the behaviour you are after. To do so edit an item and choose 'Add more > Link to a related item'. You can then search for the item you want to link it to and click Save.

I hope this helps.

ref: PB34940798

This discussion has been closed.