To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Merge multiple tems into one

Options
Ash79
Ash79
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Memberships

We may have multiple items for the same product, but because their domain names are different, the password is recognized as multiple items, in fact, they should be attributed to multiple URLs in a item, because their accounts and passwords are the same. Can both provide the ability to merge them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @Ash79

There is no ability to merge, sorry. But it is an intriguing idea. I can get something before the team for this ability. I can't make promises on when/if this might be possible. Have you tried adding multiple URLs to one of the items? That said, it sounds like you may have more than two which might not work.

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member
    Options

Merging is a very useful idea. I often find myself manually merging, which is a pain.

Why do I create multiple entries? I may have imported entries. More likely is what happens when a web provider changes their login scheme, which affects the URL they provide. I enter my old password in on a new URL and suddenly find it suggesting a new entry. Sometimes the vendor has multiple URLs for passwords. Tower then complains I have the same password twice. Merging would be an option to fix this. This is not uncommon in my experience.

It would need to be done in a way to allow backing out. If two items are the same (i.e., identical), then the merge should only keep one with the date of the most recent change. If there are items with the same field name but different values, I would expect to have two entries to allow the user to select/rename/keep after being warned.

• ag_josephine
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @dcblack56,

Thank you for your additional information; I've noted your interest and feedback to the team as well!

• Addaxian
    Addaxian
    Community Member
    Options

100% agree - This would be a very useful feature.

• @Addaxian,

I've passed on your feedback as well!

This discussion has been closed.