Setting up new account in my family plan - stuck at re-logging in

Options
LaurieLS
LaurieLS
Community Member

I am trying to set up an account for my son. I went to "manage accounts" and then chose "add account" and it asks me to sign in, despite the fact that I am already signed in. I attempt to sign in again with all of the correct information, and it keeps looping back to the screen where it asks me to sign in. What up?

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.4.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hi @LaurieLS,

Am I correct that you're trying to invite your son to your family account so that he has his own account? If so, you can log into the account via your browser at 1Password.com and follow along with our Add and remove family members support article.

• LaurieLS
    LaurieLS
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding!
    I did not see any dialogue for setting up new family members. I only saw "+ Add An Account" and that led me to a screen that asked me to log in (with a variety of ways to do so) but all methods would not accept my credentials.
    And remember that I'm already logged in when this is happening!

• @LaurieLS

The "Add an account" button you found in the apps is to add another 1Password account to the app, rather than to add a family member to your 1Password account. As @ag_josephine mentioned, this is done on 1Password.com. Here's what to do:

1. Sign in to 1Password.com in your browser.
    2. Click People in the sidebar on the right.
    3. Then, click "+ Invite People" in the top-left corner.

Give that a try and let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you need further help. :)

• LaurieLS
    LaurieLS
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh-hah! Just added my son! Thanks so much.
    Have a great day.

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome. We hope you have a great day too.

This discussion has been closed.