Duplicate items after migrating to 1Password Business from a competitor

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Tool for detecting and removing duplicates?.

Comments

• smythg
    smythg
    Community Member
    Options

+1 vote for Duplicate Detective

• @smythg

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to our product team.

Are you seeing a lot of duplicates in your 1Password vaults? Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and our support team can help you clean things up. Please include the following in your email:

• Your forum username.
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/693290/#Comment_693290
    • A note that you have duplicate items in 1Password and the specific circumstances that led you to having duplicates (for example, after importing items from another password manager or migrating from an older version of 1Password).

-Dave

ref: 34911956

• smythg
    smythg
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    My duplicates are mostly due to recently switching my company to 1Password Business from a competitor. I have been using 1P for years so had my work passwords in 1P already. But I did not tag / separate them that well. So not easy to just delete them from Private vault and be confident already in team vault.

Similar for my colleagues now moving their copy of a shared password to a team vault. It only needs one of 50+ users to not spot the “duplicate” and make the problem worse creating more duplicates.

• Hello @smythg,

Thanks for sharing that context with us, and I'm glad to hear the duplication is mostly isolated to the import of data. As Dave mentioned, our support team can help you out with this. Have you already sent in a ticket to them? If so, post the ticket ID here and I'll check into it for you.

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.