Feature request | Share vaults with other families (accounts)

Options
tiesjk25
tiesjk25
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Families

Hi there,

Not sure if this is possible out of the box but I couldn't find it. There is this one feature that I feel like is missing and could be so useful.

Me and my friend both use 1Password and we both have a family accounts with multiple family members on it. But we work together with a lot of personal projects, it would be so useful for us if we could make vaults that can be shared between accounts (families). This way we can work with the same passwords in that vault for our projects, without the need to be in the same family membership. I feel like this could be useful for a lot of users.

Not sure if this is already possible, if so I would love to hear. Otherwise would it be possible to get this on a feature request list or something?

Kind regards,

A happy customer named Ties ;)

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.14.24
OS Version: macOS 13.5 (22G74)
Browser: Arc (chromium)

Comments

• Hi @tiesjk25,

Currently the only way to share data between person is to either invite them to a family account as a family member or a guest or to share items individually via the steps within our Securely share 1Password items with anyone support article. Each option has it's merits depending on your use case, however, there is no way to directly do what you are requesting.

Feedback like this is really valuable, and I’d appreciate if you could share more information about it.

It’s helpful to know why this is important and how you would use this feature in 1Password, so I can share your suggestions with the appropriate team for consideration.

This discussion has been closed.