1Password keeps launching Safari

Options

On macOS 13.5, using 1P beta channel (1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012010)).

Whenever I unlock 1Password, in the app or using a browser extension, Safari is also launched.

If 1Password is unlocked, and I request it to lock, the app locks and then Safari is also launched.

I am not using Safari as my default browser.

I do want to keep the 1P extension in Safari as I occasionally use the browser and like having access to my vault from within.

Why is 1P launching Safari all the time?

1Password Version: 8.10.12
Extension Version: 2.14.2
OS Version: macOS 13.5
Browser: Arc, Safari, Firefox

Comments

• Hello @blg.griffith! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing Safari being opened when unlocking 1Password on your Mac. Are you using macOS spaces by any chance? If you are then is Safari on a space other than the space where you're unlocking 1Password?

Can you also tell me if the issue still occurs if you temporarily disable 1Password in Safari?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23465

• blg.griffith
    blg.griffith
    Community Member
    Options

Well - after seeing the post not get any other 'me too' comments yesterday - I decided to try another reboot. Today - it is working as expected. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

To answer - no I was not using spaces. Just one main space and lots of open windows/apps.

I've unlocked and interacted with 1P several times today and not once has Safari been launched.

Thanks for writing back, I suppose we can close this one.

• @blg.griffith

I'm glad that the reboot helped shake the issue loose. If the issue does return then let me know and we can investigate further.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.