Can't login to 1PW via Safari Extension

Options
tlo
tlo
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi
This annoying bug has been going on for a while. I can't login via the 1PW safari extension. I need to launch and login via the Mac 1PW desktop app, then I can use 1PW extension in safari.

Steps to reproduce
Mac/Safari 16.5.2

1. Ensure 1PW is locked
  2. Launch safari
  3. Visit login page for a site (e.g. my account.nytimes.com/
  4. Click on 1PW icon in email address field which launches 1PW login UI
  5. Enter password for 1PW, verify that password is correct then submit.

Result: 1PW login UI disappears and Safari/NYTimes page is brought back into focus. The 1PW icon in the email address field remains locked.
Expected: The 1PW icon should be unlocked and I should see overlays for my NYTimes account from 1PW

Of note

• I can login via the 1pw Mac app and then return to Safari where 1PW is now unlocked
  • I tried to uninstall the 1pw Safari extension but I need to uninstall the desktop app which is a pain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
T

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: MacOS Ventura 13.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @tlo,

It sounds like 1Password in Safari might be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app.

From what you said about needing to uninstall the desktop app to uninstall the Safari extension, I'm wondering if you may have an older version of 1Password also installed.

Just so we can rule this out can you open Safari and in the top left hand corner next to the apple choose Safari > Settings and click on the Extensions tab. Do you see '1Password', '1Password for Safari' or both here? Feel free to send a screenshot if it's easier.

Thanks!

• tlo
    tlo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I see "1Password for Safari" in the Safari extensions tab.

Thanks for your help.

• tlo
    tlo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles, Please let me know if you have any further suggestions. Thanks a bunch.

• @tlo

Thank you for the reply. I see that you've opened a ticket with our support team via email, one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: QXA-37325-155

This discussion has been closed.