Issue with filling on Splunk site again

Options

I had submitted a previous issue with filling reloading forms at https://login.splunk.com/ a while ago, and the team did great adding this feature. I'm now having a further issue here with this same form after it being changed - I'm unfamiliar with why this is, but I wanted to report it anyways so that we can figure out why. Is this an issue with 1Password filling the wrong field or expecting a different field? I don't know... But it's weird.

1Password Version: 8.10.7 (81007041)
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows 22H2 build 19045
Browser:_ Chrome 64bit 113.0

Comments

• Hi @arcsector, thanks for reaching out regarding filling on the Splunk website.

It appears that you're encountering a known issue that our development team is aware of and investigating where the password will not fill as expected on the Splunk login page. I've let the team know about your experience, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, you can drag and drop your password from 1Password into the Password field on the Splunk login page.

Let us know if that workaround works for you.

ref: dev/core/core#1811

• arcsector
    arcsector
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks david - drag and drop works great. Thanks!

• You're most welcome, @arcsector! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

• derson
    derson
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I logged in just to upvote this challenge that still exists. very odd since it appears the Splunk login form uses the field name "password" which I would not think would cause a problem! If this is something Splunk is doing in their website to break password managers, please let the community know and we'll go pressure that side too!

1Password for Mac Version: 8.10.9 (91009012 Beta channel)
    Extension Version: 2.12.0
    OS Version: MacOS Ventura 13.4.1
    Browser: Chrome x86_64bit 114.0.5735.198

• Hey @derson,

I'm sorry for the disruption, it looks like the site is clearing your 1Password autofilled credentials immediately after filling.

We appreciate your offer to help I have added this to the internal issue for our development team to see.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

• derson
    derson
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles I wanted to reply and say thanks! Also, if I have something entered into the password field and tell 1Password to fill the real password, nothing happens. It overwrites the user field, but not the password. That makes me think 1Password is not sending text to the correct field, but that may not be right.

• You're welcome @derson, thank you for the additional insight.

I hope we can improve things in a future update.

• derson
    derson
    Community Member
    Options

I'll add more to keep this active. LastPass and BitWarden work perfectly fine with https://login.splunk.com/. Only 1Password seems to break often.

• @derson

Thank you for the additional information. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.