Why is 1PW Skipping Password on Logins where ID and PW are entered separately

Options
amswitzer
amswitzer
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm getting strange behavior from 1PW on sites that split the ID, PW and 2FA onto separate screens. When using these sites, 1PW fills in the user ID correctly, but when the screen switches and the password is entered on new field, 1PW attempts to fill that PW field with the 2FA value instead of the password. 1PW doesn't seem to understand that even though the ID was accepted and a new field for the password pops-up, the site is looking for the PW and not the 2FA until the next step.

The sites I'm referring to are similar to the procedure to entering credentials for a Google account. The first screen requests your ID, then the screen changes and your password is requested. Finally, if 2FA is activated, the screen changes again and prompts for the 2FA. The case I'm referring to happens in Edge on any site where the ID, PW and 2FA are prompted-for on separate screens or separate portions of a screen where the required field changes.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Edge and Chrome

Comments

• ianto
    ianto
    Community Member
    Options

I believe you need to give us specific examples of sites because for me 1PW just fills fine in these cases.

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

I' ve done a screen recording of the process. Because it contains my email address, I've decided to send this directly to support.

• Hello @amswitzer! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into filling issues on certain websites. I've located the email that you sent in and see that you're already working with the team there. One of my colleagues will send you another reply as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: EBN-46665-936

This discussion has been closed.