Filling in Credit card details overwrites already filled fields

Options

Hi,

I have noticed that filling in credit card details can and will fill in unrelated fields, and what's worse even overwrite already filled fields unrelated to the credit card details. Currently, I have noticed this when subscribing for paid Envato Elements.

Overwriting the information is certainly unwanted - I have found two threads about this, both closed, one from 2019, which exactly matches my usecase, and one from 2020.

Neither of those solve this, though, and only offer workarounds. Can you please revisit this issue so that already filled fields are not being overwriten, or only with user's approval?

Thank you.

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: win, macos
Browser:_ Firefox (but suspect globally)

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @finwe, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've encountered while filling your credit card details.

I have noticed that filling in credit card details can and will fill in unrelated fields, and what's worse even overwrite already filled fields unrelated to the credit card details. Currently, I have noticed this when subscribing for paid Envato Elements.

I have tested the payment form on the Envato Elements website and things work well on my end. However, we may not have the same exact setup. First, what specific fields are being overwritten on the form from your end? Are these fields present in your credit card item? Are these custom fields?

Let's start from there (though we may need to take this to email if we end up requesting for a screenshot). I look forward to hearing back from you.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, the fields being overwritten are name and surname of invoicing details. They are being overwritten by card holder name from the credit card item which is often not desirable. Furthermore, one often even does not notice the fields were overwritten, because the credit card form is down on the page and name/surname fields are above the viewport while autofilling.

Screenshots from before and after filling in the card details:

• Hey @finwe,

You're right, it does override those fields with the name from the Credit Card item.

I've passed this on to our development team to see what the expected behaviour is here and if there's any way we can improve it on this page.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

ref: dev/core/core#22181

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hey, This just happened again on another site (Toggl Plan, if interested). Did your development team come up with a solution for this? It is quite annoying having the company name already filled in the form rewritten by a person's name from the card (or remembering this happens and fixing it after filling). Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.