App and browser extension no longer communicating about login?

Options

I seem to recall that when I used to login to the app, the browser extension would also login (and vice versa). That doesn't happen anymore, and also unlock with Apple watch stopped working in the browser extension (still works in app). This all happened after I deleted and re-installed the browser extension to fix another issue: https://1password.community/discussion/141516/1pw-wants-chrome-update-that-doesnt-exist

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: 13.5
Browser: Chrome Version 115.0.5790.114

Comments

• Hey @gburleigh,

It sounds like 1Password in your browser may be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app. Do the below steps improve things at all?

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on.

• gburleigh
    gburleigh
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I have performed the steps and the issue persists.

• Hey @gburleigh,

I'm sorry that you are still having trouble. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• gburleigh
    gburleigh
    Community Member
    Options

Console log - I don't see anything that says "inspect views".

• Hey @gburleigh,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

If you click the Chrome menu in the right hand corner of your toolbar and choose Extensions > Manage Extensions. Can you send me a screenshot of this page so I can point you in the right direction?

There should be a 'Developer mode' toggle and then within 1Password - Password Manager you should see 'Service worker'.

I look forward to hearing from you.

This discussion has been closed.