Unable to unlock or view items in 1Password in the browser [SEE APPROVED ANSWER]

Options
npearson72
npearson72
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

View Approved Answer

I've tried uninstall/re-installing. Shutting 1password down, closing/opening the browser. I've restarted the computer. Nothing works.

When I uninstalled/re-installed... now no passwords are in my extension. It's as if it's a clean slate. However in my 1password app (and online through the website) they're all there.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.14.1 21400102, on STAB
OS Version: 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1PW 8 for Mac and 1PW for Safari. I recently made a change to the title and website of a login in 1PW 8 for Mac. That change synced as expected to my iPhone and iPad. However, when I attempted to use the changed login in 1PW for Safari it didn't show up as a Suggestion to fill. I then searched for it and it appeared as it was before the change. Even the Modified Date didn't reflect today's date as it did in every other 1PW app. Closing and re-launching Safari didn't help.

It's almost as if 1PW for Safari is using some other version of the data instead of pulling from my 1PW account information. Just to test this theory I downloaded MS Edge for Mac and installed the 1PW extension for that browser. It too sees the old version of the login just like 1PW for Safari. The entire point of having a 1PW account is to have one version of the truth when it comes to my data. It's very concerning to see that doesn't appear to actually be the case.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012034)
    Extension Version: 2.14.0 21400001
    OS Version: 14.0 Beta (23A5328b)
    Browser: Safari

• jahson
    jahson
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this.

Exact same thing happening to me with Brave and Chrome, on Windows 11

1Password in the browser 2.14.1
    21400102, on STABLE channel

1Password for Windows 8.10.12 (81012034)

• DerekWollyOxen
    DerekWollyOxen
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I am having the same issue with the Windows Chome and Firefox plugins. I have new logins in the desktop app that will not show up in Chrome or Firefox. They do show up on my phone.

Version 2.13.0

Possibly related to this log message that is also leaking my password (I left out the ending part that contains the password)

ERROR 2023-08-24T16:56:55.860 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(24)) [1P:ui\op-generic-ui-components\src\styled_text\types.rs:160] There was a * that was left unmatched in phrase

• jdennis
    jdennis
    Community Member
    Options

Problem appeared around noon time (EDT) on 8/24/2023. Seen on both Windows 11 with Chrome and MacOS with Chrome. At first I kept getting the error "Unable to save item", so I removed the Chrome extension and then added it back, but now the Chrome extension won't login, I can still login by visiting the 1Password.com site, but not in the Chrome extension.

• edobld
    edobld
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here with the latest version of 1Password and the browser extension (tested with Safari and Firefox).

In fact, I'm not able to add new items directly from any browser: it gives me an error like "Failed to add a new item". It seems there's a "connection problem" between the extension and the vault.

I already tried to reset/reinstall both the main software and the extensions but nothing changed.

• kaffaljidhma
    kaffaljidhma
    Community Member
    Options

Also reporting this issue. Can't view any passwords or generate / save any passwords using the extension. Clicking on +New Item just gives a blank bar. Can still log in to 1password.com and see all my passwords there, same with the desktop app. I installed the extension through the Microsoft store, uninstalled, installed through the 1password desktop app, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. 'Connect with 1Password in the Browser' is checked.

Desktop App: 1Password for Windows 8.10.12 (81012034)
    Extension: 1Password in the browser 2.14.1, 21400102, on STABLE channel
    Browser: Microsoft Edge Version 116.0.1938.54 (Official build) (64-bit)

• baggend
    baggend
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same problem and it gets worse if you try to troubleshoot. All of my browsers that were already working seem to have old data. Any browsers where I've tried to remove and reinstall the extension now have NO data whatsoever. If I turn OFF desktop integration they refuse to log into my account through the extension (logging in through the browser works fine).

I've even tried a completely clean install in a Windows Sandbox installing 1Password 8 directly from the site, and the Edge extension directly from MS (following the link from the 1P site) and I get the exact same behavior.

So far I've experienced this on Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.2134:

• 1Password 8.10.12
    • Firefox 116.0.3 with extension 2.13.0
    • Edge 116.0.1938.54 with extension 2.14.1
    • Chrome 116.0.5845.111 with extension 2.14.1

And on Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1:

• 1Password for Mac (nightly) 8.10.14 (81014007)
    • Safari 16.6 with extension 2.14.1
    • Firefox 116.0.3 with extension 2.14.2 (beta)
    • Chrome 116.0.5845.110 with extension 2.14.1

And Windows Sandbox 22H2 22621.2136:

• 1Password for Windows 8.10.12 (81012034)
  • DronVelikii
    DronVelikii
    Community Member
    Options

I have same issue as described baggend. I tried to reinstall 1password and now the extension cannot connect to the desktop application

• npearson72
    npearson72
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the following logs in the service worker:

Console: {"lineNumber":2,"message":"web-api/api/person.ts#getUser failed to decode: Failed to decode as Person","message_level":3,"sourceIdentifier":3,"sourceURL":"chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/background/background.js"}
    Console: {"lineNumber":2,"message":"Sync error without code.","message_level":3,"sourceIdentifier":3,"sourceURL":"chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/background/background.js"}
    Console: {"lineNumber":2,"message":"⏳ Timeout waiting for response to from native core

Maybe rollback any recent changes to your extension API.

• rocky0
    rocky0
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Stopped working for me as well.
    Desktop App and web page login work fine.
    Chrome Extension sees no vaults and no passwords.
    Removed extension, shut down browser, reboot OS, reinstall extension, log into 1Password Desktop, extension is empty. I tried many permutations of shutdown, reinstall, etc. and nothing works.

Desktop App: 1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012034)
    Extension: 1Password Chrome Extension 2.14.1
    Browser: Google Chrome Version 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (x86_64)

• bird95134
    bird95134
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

** Update*

Just after posting this, I saw a new update available in Chrome, only after I went to get the version (i.e. I did not see the typical "Update" button in chrome" Accepted the update (version listed below) and now everything seems to be working now....

Anyone seeing a problem with the 1password (1P) extensions today? I added a standard web access username/password. App on Mac accepted it. See new object in Chrome extension on Mac. I see the new login object in App on PC (win11), but do not see in Edge or Chrome on PC. I restarted browser on PC, has latest browser. Running 2.14.1 of the chrome extension. Removed chrome extension, readded. Now there are no objects in vault. Setting from 1P chrome extension opens page and shows my 1P account info. Ideas?

1Password Version: 8.10.13 (PC)
    Extension Version: 2.14.1 (Chrome)
    OS Version: Win 11, version 22H2
    Browser: Version 116.0.5845.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Browser: Not Provided

• Kodewerx
    Kodewerx
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I created a support request via email for this and provided a link to the thread.

In addition to the extension no longer syncing, there are also other errors like an HTTP 400 from "https://my.1password.com/api/v1/vault/preflight/create?type=G" when trying to create a new login.

Various JS errors appear in the console:

• "web-api/api/person.ts#getUser failed to decode: Failed to decode as Person"
    • "Sync error without code."
    • "Uncaught (in promise) Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist."

Not really useful for troubleshooting, but that's all the info provided in the error messages.

• notebene
    notebene
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. 1password desktop app in Windows syncs to the cloud just fine, the extension isn't seeing the changes, even after a reboot and full login.

• kaffaljidhma
    kaffaljidhma
    Community Member
    Options

Suddenly started working again

• baggend
    baggend
    Community Member
    Options

There's a thread for the same issue in the browser extension forum (no fix yet there either): https://1password.community/discussion/141910/1pw-in-the-browser-doesnt-see-latest-changes#latest

• npearson72
    npearson72
    Community Member
    Options

I just received word from 1password that the issue was resolved. I've checked and all is now working for me.

• jahson
    jahson
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, same here. Good to go!

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello folks,

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with 1Password in your browser related to a server incident we identified earlier today. We've since deployed a fix, and everything should now be back to normal.

If you are still experiencing an issue, lock then unlock 1Password in your browser. If you're still unable to use 1Password in your browser, please let us know exactly which steps you’re taking and if you see any error messages. The more information that you can provide, the better and more quickly we'll be able to help.

-Dave

• jahson
    jahson
    Community Member
    Options

Mad props for getting this fixed so quickly!

• @jahson

I'm happy to hear that everything is working again for you. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.