To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync only a specific vault on a work computer

Options
mickaphd
mickaphd
Community Member

I have a family plan, with multiple vaults and members. I'd like to use the 1P Firefox extension on my work/company computer so that I can use some specific logins there that are work-related. Obviously I don't want/need my other vaults to be synchronised on this work computer. I asked this question on the forum back in 2017! I'm not sure if there's any way to do this sort of thing, other than using one of my family plots (but we're already 5...). Any insights or ideas? If not, I guess I'll just have to use my Proton Pass.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @mickaphd

I'd consider using a guest account. That way none of your personal details are associated with the work device unless you move them to the vault in question. A guest account can also use a different password vs. what you use normally. It only has access to a specific vault you decide upon. I know a lot of folks use guest accounts for separation.

Share with guests in 1Password Families

Your family account includes 5 guests.

If you want full access you can always upgrade the guest to a full member if you find it suits your needs better.

• mickaphd
    mickaphd
    Community Member
    Options

Oh I was not even aware about this! I thought we were restricted only to family members, I just discovered this "guest" things! Will definitly take a look at this thanks!

• You're welcome. If you have any questions we'll be here to help.

This discussion has been closed.