Search Is Not Working For Notes

Options
jimgao
jimgao
Community Member

Hi,

I'm surprised to find out I cannot search through the notes. For example, if I have "test" in my notes, and I search "test", it's not showing the result. This is very inconvenient. Please let me know if I missed anything or if there is a way to work around this issue. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Brrry
    Brrry
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

I can search notes. Or you mean inside a note?

• Hello @jimgao! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble searching for a secure note. Can you tell me a little more about the issue? What version of 1Password are you using? Are you using an iPhone, Mac, or another type of device?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• dkozinn
    dkozinn
    Community Member
    Options

I'll respond with what I think was the original ask: In the Notes field of some of my password entries, I will sometimes put in keywords that I can use to search as sometimes I can't remember the exact URL I'm looking for. As an example, I have several different websites for different doctors. Rather than trying to remember the website, I've put the doctor's name in the note (e.g., "Dr. Smith"), with the idea being that if I search for "Dr. Smith" it will bring up that entry. (I switched from Lastpass a few months ago and it had this functionality). However, that search doesn't bring up anything.

What I'd like is that when I search for an entry I'd like to get a match shown if the URL or contents of the note matches.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

@dkozinn

1Password does not have search within notes but we've heard from others like yourself who want this feature. I'll be happy to pass along your desire. You might consider using tags as a workaround of sorts.

ref: PB-32934944

• sstein
    sstein
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    I use 1P since many years. After switch to version 8 I can't search in my notes. But you will shut down 1p version 7?
    In 1p version 7 I could at least click on edit for a note and then search in it.
    And in 1p version 6 I could search in the main-search field an find all in the note including the position in long notes!!!

I store many long lists with information in notes. And NOW I surpringly cant't find any of it. Can you help me with a solution to fix this fail in version 8? Or i must go a other password software.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sstein

1Password 8 doesn't currently include the ability to search inside of Secure Notes. I've passed along your feedback to our Product team so that they know that you'd like to see this functionality be built into the new version. Thank you for the feedback.

-Dave

ref: PB-33389121

• jxp
    jxp
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this issue, search results should include the notes field.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks @jxp for sharing your voice. I've noted your request.

ref: 34341420

• rdforbes
    rdforbes
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to add the ability to search within the secure notes field.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Gotcha @rdforbes Thanks.

ref: PB-34349522

• onepwsomarks
    onepwsomarks
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to add to the many requests for the ability to search WITHIN a note. Without the ability to search within a note, long notes become difficult to maintain.
    I hope this is high on the new feature list for your development team; it seems like a peculiar omission for an otherwise excellent product.

• @onepwsomarks

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed your comments along to the team internally. 🙂

-Dave

ref: 35155694

This discussion has been closed.