Login page 1 asks for UserID and page 2 asks for PW. How to handle?

Options
PWChinook
PWChinook
Community Member

Sorry, I saw this problem referenced the other day but can't find it now. Can you refer me to the link? Thanks

PS. You can delete this thread if my other question about a users's guide has been answered... and if the user's guide has the answer to this question :-)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

Depending on the site, you can simply create a single Login item and use it to fill both pages of the login process, or you may need to create a separate Login item for each one. There is a section in the 1Password for Mac User Guide which explains this, but you are posting in the iOS category. Are you syncing with 1Password for Mac? If so, it is generally easier to create Login items on the desktop where the 1Password browser extension can "learn" each login page. This functionality has not been introduced in 1Password for iOS just yet.

Try creating a Login item and using it to fill both pages. If you're having some trouble, please let me know the URL. I'd love to take a look. :)

• PWChinook
    PWChinook
    Community Member
    Options

I will need 1PW for both Mac and IOS but since the IOS version is newer (and cheaper) I started with that one. I'm definitely a newbie on this topic. I asked in another thread about tutorials and hope to be more conversant once I find them...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries at all. Here again is the link to the User Guide:

1Password 4 for iOS User Guide

Let me know if you're still having any trouble. I'd be happy to assist you further.

This discussion has been closed.