Selecting the password length in the generator

Options
Spn13
Spn13
Community Member

It is very difficult to choose exactly the length of the password in the generator on 1Phone. It is necessary to move the slider, the value is constantly jumping. If you have not clearly described the problem, then do the following: create a new entry, click generate in the password field, try to set the password length to 12 characters. I am sure that you will not succeed right away πŸ˜€

1Password Version: 8.10.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Spn13! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when creating a new password on your iPhone. When you modify any of the settings in the password generator, such as the number of characters, 1Password will generate a brand new password using the new recipe. Once the new password is generated you can tap Use and then Save to save the password.

Can you clarify where specifically you're running into an issue? I'd be happy to help further. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

I mean the choice of password length. Try to specify a password length of 12 characters using this slider. It will be very difficult values are constantly jumping. You need to have very thin fingers πŸ˜€ to do this πŸ˜€

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

Move the slider and try to stop at 12

• @Spn13

I can see what you mean. If I try to slide my finger across the screen left or right, small adjustments are difficult, especially on my iPhone 12 mini.

Try rolling your finger, rather than sliding it – I found that made it quite a bit easier to make small adjustments.

I'll file this feedback with the team, so thanks for taking the time to let us know. :)

ref: 35190971

This discussion has been closed.