1password with Azure AD SSO account recovery- Ticket number 166399

Options

We have a user that does not have access to the previous device that was registered with 1password. This device also had his emergency kit on it.

We have ran through the recovery procedure and he is able to set a new password, I confirm the recovery, then the user gets an email with a link to log in. But the link takes them to a page asking for Email, Password, and Secret Key - but where's the new secret key? It's not in the email

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @JonGregoryWood,

I'm Scott on the 1Password support team. It's nice to meet you.

If your team member authenticates using Single Sign-on (SSO), they would not have a Secret Key, or be given the chance to download an Emergency Kit. SSO authentication replaces both of these by delegating the authentication to the identity provider.

If they are being prompted for an account password, it's possible they are trying to sign into the wrong account, or that they are an account owner and cannot sign in with SSO. It's also possible that something else is happening, and we'll need to investigate further.

If you haven't yet, please share the email address of the impacted team member in your support ticket so we can confirm how they should be authenticating.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

• JonGregoryWood
    JonGregoryWood
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to let you know that we've run through the recovery steps again and we were able to sign in.

Thanks again to you and your team for your help.

Thanks,
    Jon

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.