User renamed in Azure AD does not also rename in 1Password

Options
jonbloomfw
jonbloomfw
Community Member

We're running the SCIM bridge (2.8.0) and have Azure AD hooked up to our 1Password tenant. The initial user sync worked great, but since then, we had a user change their last name. We changed the last name in our on-prem AD server, which is synced to Azure via AAD Connect. The user's new last name appears appropriately within Azure AD, and I can see in the Provisioning logs that the updated record was pushed to 1Password, but the user account remains the same.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• LieutenantLefse
    LieutenantLefse
    Community Member
    Options

I had a similar issue when we first turned on SCIM, and a couple existing users had their name showing up as their email address. As a workaround I was able to rename them with the op CLI (op user edit "email" --name "New Name"). Of course it would be better if SCIM handled renames.

• aixxo
    aixxo
    Community Member
    Options

We are seeing the same problem here. In addition SCIM also does not handle account (UPN) renames.

@1Password Team: Is this to be expected and is the suggestion over CLI the right workaround?

• Thank you for reaching out to us and apology for the delayed response here.

The issue you are encountering is a known issue to us and is on our radar to be corrected. In the meantime, I do not believe that setting the name through the CLI will prevent it from being overwritten by the idP in a later push.

We will provide an update when this has been addressed in a new release.

Thank you for patience.

• HdBUwe
    HdBUwe
    Community Member
    Options

We're expering the same issue with the SCIM bridge right now: Adding/removing accounts in AAD also creates/deletes accounts in 1Password, but changing the name on existing account, creates a new account in 1Password instead of renaming the existing one.

@kevin.la_1p is there an update on the SCIM-Bridge name change issue?

• Hi @HdBUwe ,

We are apologize you're facing this issue. Team is still working to resolve it. Meanwhile you can temporarily perform below steps to update User (with no repercussions):

1. Navigate to the automated user provisioning integrations page and toggle-off the integration.
    2. Navigate to that specific user through People page.
    3. Click on Edit Details, update the name as needed, followed by clicking Save.
    4. Once matched the displayName on Azure and the displayName in 1Password, please Turn on the provisioning (switch toggle). This will hold your changes.

Having said that, it is odd to see you getting new account created by name change activity. We would like to learn more about this instance. Could you please reach out us at support@1password.com with your scim bridge logs?

This discussion has been closed.