To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

LastPass import: Latest beta client not honoring import lock

Options
LieutenantLefse
LieutenantLefse
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Memberships

When importing shared folders from LastPass, the 1Password importer drops a "1Password import lock" item in each shared folder to prevent it from being re-imported unless you delete that item. This is a very handy and useful feature, and works well on 8.10.9 on the Stable channel.

However on 8.10.12~10.BETA, these import locks are ignored and all shared folders are imported, even if they have the lock. Hopefully this bug is fixed before it hits the stable channel.

1Password Version: 8.10.12~10.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @LieutenantLefse

Thank you for reporting this issue, your detailed feedback is incredibly valuable, and we want to ensure that the features operate as intended.

I will promptly send this report to our development team for investigation. Since this concern is related to a beta release, it's worth mentioning to everyone reading this thread that some hiccups are expected during this phase of development. For those who prefer a more stable experience, you can return to the stable version by following the instructions here.

In the meantime, I wanted to share a workaround for eliminating duplicates, in case that you got any after importing all shared folders:

1. Open the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Select All Items from the sidebar.
    3. Identify any duplicate items from the list. You can select the sort icon (downwards arrow with three lines next to it) and select Title to sort by title. You can select an item to view the item's details in case you're not sure if it's a duplicate.
    4. Drag and drop the duplicate items to Archive in the sidebar. You can hold Command (Ctrl on Windows/Linux) on your keyboard to select multiple items at once.

You can choose to delete the duplicate items, but I recommend archiving them in this situation. When you archive an item, 1Password will no longer offer to fill it, but it will still be stored in your Archive. If for some reason you need one of the items that you archived down the line, you can easily restore it.

• Hello @LieutenantLefse,

The LastPass import tool will no longer create or look for "1Password import lock" items. Instead, folders that are already imported will be tracked in a new metadata vault, which allows for some new features, and for the folder to be imported again if the corresponding vault is deleted in 1Password.

This may lead to duplicates being created if the importer was run in the past and is run again, so refer to the directions @julia.v_1P shared to archive the duplicates, or let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

• LieutenantLefse
    LieutenantLefse
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Scott, now that I know it's an intentional change I can work with that.

• You're welcome @LieutenantLefse, happy to help.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can help you with! 😀

This discussion has been closed.