1P Windows app beta can't unlock beta or GA browser extension in Firefox Portable

Options
Dunecat
Dunecat
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Windows

Symptom: the (beta and production) extensions in Firefox Portable couldn't connect to the 1P beta app for Windows. Error message in extension settings said "Problems connecting" and "please ensure the 1Password app is unlocked".

Solution: Downgrading the 1P app to production channel fixed this. Although, that bizarrely required going into %appdata%/Local and deleting the entire 1Password folder. I guess that's a separate bug, because it's insane to require that of a user.

1Password Version: Whatever the beta/nightly versions are
Extension Version: Any
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2066
Browser: Firefox Portable 115.0.2

Comments

• Hi @Dunecat,

Thanks for your report. I'm sorry for the troubles you were experiencing with app integration between 1Password for Windows beta and the 1Password Firefox extensions.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report and some console logs from your Windows PC:

Attach the report/logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/141413/1p-windows-app-beta-cant-unlock-beta-or-ga-browser-extension-in-firefox-portable
    • Your forum username: Dunecat

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here.

Downgrading the 1P app to production channel fixed this. Although, that bizarrely required going into %appdata%/Local and deleting the entire 1Password folder.

When reverting to production from beta or nightly versions, we provide a message stating that a newer version was used. Resetting the 1Password app and renaming the 1password-old.sqlite file before reinstalling the production versions will help in these situations. This is often required due to different versions of the database saved on your device. When moving forward to higher version numbers of 1Password, you should not run in to this.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know!

• Dunecat
    Dunecat
    Community Member
    Options

This is affecting stable channel as well. I've emailed support a couple times today but not received a support ID yet.

• Dunecat
    Dunecat
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #GJQ-37748-318

• @Dunecat

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you another reply via email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: GJQ-37748-318

This discussion has been closed.