Can't left click on Google search links with 1Password for Safari enabled

Options

Last night I rebooted my Mac to update to macOS 13.5.1 and also downloaded a pending 1Password for Safari update from the App Store.

After rebooting, I was no longer able to left click on Google search results to open them up in the same tab, although I can middle click on them to open them in a new tab. I was able to narrow this down to something to do with the 1Password for Safari extension... with it disabled, clicking on Google search results works fine.

I tried disabling and reenabling the 1Password for Safari extension, and then also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it completely, and it didn't help. Is there something else I can try or is there an issue with the extension?

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: macOS 13.5.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @irandamay,

This behaviour does indeed seem strange and I'm having a hard time replicating it on my end.

Is it just with Google search results you see this behaviour or are you seeing it on other pages? When you left click on the search results what happens? Do you see an error message at all?

Any detail you can provide or steps to reproduce this would be really useful.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.