changed password not stored

Options

Hi.
I changed a password on an internal company site with Safari. 1Password filled in the old password and provided a newly generated password. It didn't opened the dialogue for changing the entry in 1Password though and the new password isn't saved.
Is it possible to get a list of the last generated passwords? The process for resetting this special password ist really painful and requires snail mail ...

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.13 (81013005)
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: macOS 13.4
Browser: Safari

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

OK, at least I found how to get the password generator history: In Safari click on the 1Password icon, select the menu icon --> password generator. Scroll down and there is a menu entry "Password Generator History". Phew :-D

So I only wonder why 1Password didn't ask to save the entry as it does for other sites. As this is an internal site, I can't help debugging either, so I don't care too much about it.

• Hi there @verboese

You found it! We also have an article on the 1Password Support website for just such an occasion:

If you used the password generator and can't find the password to sign in

In terms of why 1Password didn't prompt to save the entry, it's hard to say without some more troubleshooting, but you can always right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click Save Login to trigger that manually.

Let us know if you need anything. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.