timed sharing

Options
pathfinder76
pathfinder76
Community Member

lastpass has a nice feature were you can tell it, someone can share after x amount of time.

it is used for sharing passwords after someone has died or is disabled. the way it works is, person A, has the passwords, and then sets it up that if person B requests the password, person A gets alerts and has X number of days to decline the share.

this would be a nice feature in 1password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

has anyone used this feature in lastpass ?

• Hi @pathfinder76,

Feedback like this is really valuable, and I’d appreciate if you could share more information about it.

It’s helpful to know why this is important and how you would use this feature in 1Password, so I can share your suggestions with the appropriate team for consideration.

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

so for many reasons people dont want to share access unless there is an issue. so here is an example.

an adult taking care of their parents. the parents want autonomy, and dont want to share passwords. but if the parents get sick, they may want to set it up , that their kids get passwords. so , for instance, the kids can ask for access, and if the parents dont stop the process the kids get passwords after a certain amount of time. this can also work for many relatives, who have another relative as their power of attorney should they get sick. it is a nice feature.

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

think of it as a power of attorney function with limitations.

• @pathfinder76,

While I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request internally to bring this to the attention of our team. They regularly review feature requests from our customers to consider what should be added or changed to future versions of 1Password. Your feedback, along with feedback from our other customers, helps them immensely with their planning.

Thank you again for your suggestion, we appreciate your feedback and love hearing from you - Please let me know if you ever have other ideas on how we could improve 1Password or if there is anything else I can help you out with!

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

thanks

• @pathfinder76, you're welcome. Happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.