Resetting Apple ID?

Options

I was just on the Apple ID page, setting up my 2 Factor authentication. I thought I'd Reset my password while I was at it, but wasn't successful. It looks like Apple disables copy and paste into the password boxes, and the only option i saw 1Password offer just instantly filled my old password into all 3 boxes ... making my new password, my old password ... which isn't at all what I was shooting for ...

I know I did this fairly recently, and am wondering why I can't do it now. Has something changed -- or did I simply forget how I did it last time, and become too senile to figure out how to do it again?

You really come to regret these huge passwords when you're faced with having to manually enter them.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

You should be able to change passwords even without pasting.

1. Hold down the Option key while selecting your existing Login item from 1Password mini.

Holding down the Option key will force 1Password to not automatically submit the form after it fills.

2. If applicable, delete anything filled in the "New password" and "Confirm password" fields.

3. Generate and fill a new password.

Of course, you could also force any website to allow paste if you prefer. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.