Feature request: temporarily password

Options
pathfinder76
pathfinder76
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Windows

in an airport, with my team, preparing a presentation, all of a sudden, my 1passowrd says, "you need to reenter your password" at this moment it is very akward for me to be able to privavely retype my 1password in to get my access back.

would be nice to have a 1 time, "masterpassword" i could use in those situations

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @pathfinder76! 👋

1Password may require your password in certain situations such as when the time that you've specified for the "Require Password" feature has run out, or if biometric unlock has for some reason expired. The account password that you're asked to put into the app is the secret that is required to decrypt your data.

For you to be able to use a different temporary password to unlock 1Password would require that 1Password store your actual account password somewhere on your PC which wouldn't be secure.

That being said, I've passed along your suggestion to the product team so that they can see if this is something that we can build or improve upon for the future. Thank you for the feedback. 🙂

-Dave

ref: 35336571

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

i do see what you are saying, i thought that 1 password could encrypt the temp password, which would then decrypt the actual password to open the vault (almost like a lock box, one vault would hold the next)

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

could you have a "pin" that is different then the iphone login, ie a fourth login

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

or passwordless signin, were my phone authorizes the signin (this is to be used when my password times out)

• Thank you again for the feedback.

We're looking to bring passwordless sign in to 1Password accounts in the future. You can learn more here: Private Beta: Create a 1Password Account with a Passkey

-Dave

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

That would be a great solutions

• I'm glad to hear that you're eager to see passkey unlock be introduced for your 1Password account.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.