Default startup view?

Options
reydo
reydo
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Windows

1password for Windows starts up on the previous view or item I was looking at when the app closed last...

I'd like the app to just start up in the Favorites folder each time - but I can't find an option to do that?

Seems like an app that is supposed to protect my passwords shouldn't just start up with a list of all my logins and passwords (masked of course) by default... Eg... just think, someone is hovering over my shoulder, or I'm sharing my screen in Teams or Zoom or something and need to access a password... Very risky.

Also when I search for an item, it lists the item along with ALL THE OTHER ITEMS that are alphabetically near that item (however, none of them contain the string of text I entered in the search)... Very buggy/risky/intrusive/vulnerable...

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser: firefox

Comments

• Hello @reydo,

Thanks for your message.

I understand that you'd prefer for 1Password to open to a default such as your favourites. It's not possible to change this currently, but I'm happy to pass your feedback along to the team for consideration.

In the meantime, we have features in place to help protect sensitive data like passwords, credit card numbers, etc., from shoulder surfers. If you do not have it enabled, you can select Settings > Security and scroll towards the bottom under Concealed fields. Ensure Always show passwords and full credit card numbers is disabled.

When searching for items, 1Password may present similar items based data contained within different items fields. To help refine a search you can use filters, Find (Ctrt + Alt + F) and Show all matching items. I'll include our guide below to:

If you have any other questions or feedback to share, please let us know.

ref: PB 35570663

• reydo
    reydo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d Thanks for the reply - I do have the passwords concealed but shoulder surfers can still see the website URL plus any miscellaneous fields and comments/ text boxes associated with the entry... This is a risk only for the fact that it'll show whatever I was last using when 1password starts up, and this could cause a security vulnerability. There really needs to be a way to prevent this startup behavior, I appreciate you passing that feedback on to the team.

Why isn't the default search functionality the Ctrl-Alt-F type of search instead of the search box at the top? How do I do the Ctrl-Alt-F "Find" with a mouse, I don't see a corresponding GUI button or icon to do it that way? These two searches should be combined into one search that uses the Ctrl-Alt-F style search that you told me about, it's confusing that there are two different ways to search.

• ag_mike_d
    edited September 2023
    Options

Good morning @reydo,

Thanks for your reply. I've updated your feedback to the team regarding the request about a default startup view.

Why isn't the default search functionality the Ctrl-Alt-F type of search instead of the search box at the top? How do I do the Ctrl-Alt-F "Find" with a mouse, I don't see a corresponding GUI button or icon to do it that way?

It's not possible to do this with a mouse currently as there is no UI button. I can see where using this type of search as the default functionality and having a button in the user interface would improve things for customers. While I can't make any promises, we are continuing to investigate where improvements can be made here and passed those comments along to the team as well. We appreciate the help feedback.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

ref: PB 35599184

This discussion has been closed.