Unable to Login with macOS application or browser extension

Options
MassiveJosh
MassiveJosh
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Business and Teams

Hello,

Looking for assistance to resolve as I have a team of 20 people using this service and this issue has only just started happening to one.

We had to carry out an account recovery for 1 member of staff.

This completed successfully but now they can't login with the 1password application on their macbook. They can however log straight in on the online portal.

I've just done a fresh recovery to confirm the process fresh.

1. They open the 1password application, it states under "enter your password" 1Password locked because an account was removed" Go to enter new confirmed working passsword on browser login.

2. New window appears, type in the new recovery kit Secret Key and Password. It then states:
    "we weren't able to sign in your account. Maybe theres a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again" Here you can click "update details" which I do.

Here you now can eter sign in address, email address, secret key and password. Do all of these and it then fails saying there's been a typo. Check all there is not!

Do all the same copy/paste details on the online portal and it instantly logs in!

Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @MassiveJosh,

I'm sorry to hear your team member is unable to sign back into the 1Password app after recovering their account. I'd be glad to help you resolve this, but we may need to discuss some private information. Since our community site is a public space, it's best do work over email. Please send a message to BusinessSupport@1Password.com including a link to this community thread, and the email address of the impacted team member.

Once that's done, you will get back an automated email with a support ticket number. Feel free to post the support ticket number here so we can expedite your case.

Thank you,

• MassiveJosh
    MassiveJosh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to update this as it's resolved, so all my team members were using 1password7 but this user had 1password8 installed.

I had to find an old installation of 1password7 here: https://1password.community/discussion/129962/download-1password-7

The moment I downloaded/installed and used this the details all worked and they could get access to their account.

Wild.

• Hi @MassiveJosh,

I'm glad to hear your user was able to get back up and running after installing 1Password 7. I would like to mention that we do recommend teams make use of 1Password 8, as this version is receiving new updates and features. 1Password 8 also workings great with the latest browsers. We can help your team members make the switch and address and concerns or difficulties via email if you prefer.

You can contact us at businesssupport@1password.com using the email associated with your 1Password account.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.