Bulk edit for multiple URLs in a single item

Options
MosheAce
MosheAce
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Windows

I have seen a few threads about a bulk edit feature, and understand that bulk editing across multiple items would require decrypting the entire vault which might be a security concern.

My request is a little different and probably an edge case. I have a single item with about 50 IPs that use the same username and password (yeah, yeah I know... ) and the IP address has changed for all of them. How about at least being able to bulk edit multiple fields in a single item? Or, being able to open it in a text editor?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.12 (81012034)
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @MosheAce,

Thanks for your message and feature request for bulk editing URLs in a single item.

I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to the team, but ask if you could provide some additional details about how you'd like to see this work. Any other information you can provide would be helpful for the Product team when reviewing these requests.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

• MosheAce
    MosheAce
    Community Member
    Options

I see this is being something for your corporate clients. Basically i spin up a bunch of environments for testing, and all of them have the same machines and the same IP suffixes however we just switched platforms and therefore the beginning two numbers of each IP has changed. So I've got like 50 to 60 IP addresses that I would like to change all at one time. For example

• etc

I'd like to be able to change "225.225" in each IP to let's say, "111.111"

Hope this helps.

• Hello again @MosheAce,

Thanks for the reply and updated details here. While I can't make any promises, I'm happy to pass this feedback along to our Product team for consideration.

We're always interested in learning from our customers where improvements can be made. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

If you have any other suggestions, just let us know!

ref: PB 35625383

This discussion has been closed.