Password entry text box too small

Options
scottstephens
scottstephens
Community Member

It would be nice if the password entry text box was bigger. Seems fixed to 25 characters regardless of the size of the containing window. It's not really big enough for diceware-style passphrase of sufficient entropy. It's the only non-decorative element on the form, there's plenty of space.

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @scottstephens,

Thanks for your message. It sounds like you might be referring to the account password field when signing in to the 1Password app. Could you confirm? I'd be happy to pass your request along to the Product team!

• scottstephens
    scottstephens
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yes, you are correct, the account password field when signing into the 1Password Windows app:

[Removed image since it contained an exposed password -1Password Support]

• @scottstephens

Just in case, I've removed the image in your reply since it contained exposed text in the password field. If that was your password, and not just some example text, then I recommend that you change it: How to change your 1Password account password

Thanks for the clarification. I can definitely see how it would be useful to have the account password field resize itself if the window is large enough and I've filed a feature request with your product team on your behalf.

Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: 35569758

• scottstephens
    scottstephens
    Community Member
    Options

It wasn't my real password, just some example text to show how many characters fit.

• We'd rather be safe and do appreciate the example! Thanks for letting us know, @scottstephens! 😄

This discussion has been closed.