CLI v2 not connecting to Desktop App

Options
sjlinwarsaw
sjlinwarsaw
Community Member

I saw someone else having this issue last year, but the issue is closed and the one solution provided didn't help me at all. I have been using the CLI integration for a while now, but I just updated to 8.10.9 of 1Password and that seems to have broken my ability to connect the cli to the desktop app. I keep getting the error:

[ERROR] 2023/08/18 10:31:09 connecting to desktop app: connecting to desktop app timed out, make sure it is installed, running and CLI integration is enabled

1. The cli version is 2.19.0.
  2. I have restarted the machine after install
  3. I have tried adding the OP_BIOMETRIC_UNLOCK_ENABLED environment variable directly
  4. The settings is developer are set (as they have been for a while

Based on the other discussion, here is supplemental info:

⤇ which op /usr/local/bin/op scott@Principia in ~/Developer/Tools/dns ⤇ codesign -dvv --entitlements - /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password\ Browser\ Helper.app Executable=/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Browser Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password Browser Helper Identifier=2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password.browser-helper Format=app bundle with Mach-O universal (x86_64 arm64) CodeDirectory v=20500 size=100179 flags=0x10000(runtime) hashes=3119+7 location=embedded Signature size=8978 Authority=Developer ID Application: AgileBits Inc. (2BUA8C4S2C) Authority=Developer ID Certification Authority Authority=Apple Root CA Timestamp=20 Jul 2023 at 16:09:42 Info.plist entries=24 TeamIdentifier=2BUA8C4S2C Runtime Version=13.3.0 Sealed Resources version=2 rules=13 files=3 Internal requirements count=1 size=200 [Dict] [Key] com.apple.security.app-sandbox [Value] [Bool] true [Key] com.apple.security.application-groups [Value] [Array] [String] 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password [Key] com.apple.security.temporary-exception.files.absolute-path.read-only [Value] [Array] [String] /usr/local/bin/op [String] /usr/local/Cellar/onepasswordcli/ scott@Principia in ~/Developer/Tools/dns ⤇ ls -dl /usr/local/bin/ drwxrwxr-x 25 scott admin 800 Aug 18 01:08 /usr/local/bin/ scott@Principia in ~/Developer/Tools/dns ⤇ ls -l /usr/local/bin/op -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 45674416 Jul 7 14:42 /usr/local/bin/op

and the .1pdiagnostics file can be found at https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.littleknownsoftware.com/1Password_8.10.9_2023-08-18_10-36-23.1pdiagnostics.zip

(Funny that I cannot attach a 1diagnostics file or a zip directly here!)

Thanks,
Scott

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.5 (22G74)
Browser: n/a

Comments

• sjlinwarsaw
    sjlinwarsaw
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I am seeing this in the Developer tab of the settings. The link in the red section takes me to the help page for "1Password for SSH & Git", so I am not sure which part it is referring to! In any case it does not seem relevant.

Image of settings

• melero
    melero
    Community Member
    Options

Bumping this thread because have exactly the same issue with a mac ARM and i have seen this issue 2 or 3 more times in the forum without response.

I tried everything, uninstalling the desktop and cli, removing the ./config/1password and ./config/op. I also followed this guide https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/1 removing all the configs in all the folders.

The ssh-agent and commit signing works perfectly, the only issue is the connection with the desktop app. I also have the same message in the desktop app that sjlinwarsaw shared in the previous message.

It was working perfectly until i needed to reinstall the app due to another problem (app refusing to login via Okta), The original problem was solved but then client no longer connects with the app.

This discussion has been closed.