1Password autofill/suggestion does not work all the time for Snapchat

Options
nullptr7
nullptr7
Community Member

I have been playing with 1Password for quite a while. And although it works on many cases but I have observed that 1Password does not give autofill/suggestions all the time specially when I try logging in on Snapchat. Its a 50-50 hit or miss, sometimes the suggestion is shown correctly on my keyboard and some other time it literally messes it up.

Obviously the basic stuff like autofill service on etc. is already enabled.

Keyboard: Microsoft SwiftKey
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nullptr7, thanks for writing in!

I did some testing with the Snapchat app and found that the username and password fields appear to fill separately, and that there could be a delay in displaying the Autofill suggestions. It's hard to say if this is due to how the sign in form is developed, or if 1Password is struggling to detect and fill the fields appropriately. Regardless, I've reported Snapchat to the team here for further review.

In Snapchat, I found that setting prompt below fields helped with more consistent behavior. If you'd like to try that, you can set prompts below fields from Autofill settings:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

Thanks again for reporting this filling issue. Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

• nullptr7
    nullptr7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy

I tried what you have suggested but that too does not work consistently. Most of the time it is able to fill the username but simply forgets to fill the password.

Thanks

• Hi @nullptr7, thanks for giving that a try. I'm sorry the behavior is still inconsistent for you.

It looks like we fixed an issue filling in this app with version 8.9.12 but at some point between then and now a new issue has emerged. As mentioned in my previous post, I've flagged this for the team here.

With a bit more testing I found the following steps to fill both fields but it definitely isn't ideal behavior. This worked for me with Autofill prompts on the keyboard or below the field.
    1. Open Snapchat.
    2. Tap the password field to open the keyboard.
    3. Long press the password field.
    4. Tap Autofill or ⋮ > Autofill in the context menu that appears (where you might normally see copy/paste).
    5. Tap the username field then select the Snapchat item 1Password is suggesting. Your password should fill.
    6. Long press the username field.
    7. Tap the username field then select the Snapchat item 1Password is suggesting. Your username should fill.

While I certainly understand it's not as quick as Autofill, when Autofill isn't available, you can also copy and paste or use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials.

This discussion has been closed.