New Bug? TOTP autofil - 6 times the same digit

Options
Steven78
Steven78
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi!
I noticed a new bug, which was not there yesterday.
I use firefox - maybe the update "1Password in the browser 2.14.1" introduced this problem?

When I try to sign in die paypal.com - the TOTP autofil always fills 6 times the same digit - which is obviously wrong. It seems so be a random digit from 0 to 9.

Anyone else noticed this?

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: Win11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hi @Steven78

I see that our developers are aware of a 2FA filling issue on the PayPal website where the first digit is filled in all fields. I have added your report to the internal issue so that they can investigate further.

We have seen a couple of cases where users have been able to get things back on track. Can you take a look at your login item for PayPal and let me know if you see an additional OTP field or anything unusual here?

ref: dev/core/core#18497

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @steph.giles
    Thank you for your response. You'r right! I recently changed my password and TOTP for recurity reasons. I backuped the old password and TOTP secret to additional field inside my paypal item by adding two fields: "old password" and "OLD one-time password".

• Thanks for the prompt response @Steven78, did removing the old OTP fix resolve the issue?

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I just tested again - same problem.
    Then I removed the additional fields with the old values - and you are right again - everything seems to work fine now.
    Thank you for your assistance.

Although it's a very strange bug, that an addition field would couse the autofil to use 6 times the same digit :-O

• Thank you for getting back to me @Steven78, you're right the behaviour is indeed strange.

I have reported your findings in the open issue, let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.