hide a "Never fill on this website" item in suggestions

Options

I found the "Never fill on this website" option in the websites section of an item, but I was disappointed to see that it doesn't prevent that item from showing on the browser extension's list of items to fill on a page that matches that domain.

For example, I have items with www.amazon.com and others with aws.amazon.com but there is no crossover between them. So I added aws.amazon.com to the www item with an option of "Never fill on this website". I would have thought that would help make the suggestion list shorter, but it doesn't seem to affect it.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: popOS 22
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:exclude item from suggestion list

Comments

• ChrisC1P
    Options

Hi @BSerlIfE thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the "Never fill on this website" option for your amazon logins. It sounds like you might be running into an issue our developers are looking into. Do you have the www.amazon.com website in your login item set to "Fill anywhere on this website"?

ref: dev/core/20855

• BSerlIfE
    BSerlIfE
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have the default setting of "Fill anywhere on this website" for www.amazon.com.

• Hey @BSerlIfE,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I've added your case to the list of affected users, and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused here. At the moment I'm not able to provide a timeline for a fix for this issue, however you can keep an eye on our release notes page for news on bugfixes and new features: 1Password Releases

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know 😄

• BSerlIfE
    BSerlIfE
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BSerlIfE On behalf of Steph, you are welcome!

• jwojnowski
    jwojnowski
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Is there an update on this? I was disappointed as well when I discovered marking an item as "Never fill on this website" does not exclude it from suggestions.

I have exactly the same case (AWS Console) where having a few different accounts to choose from is quite annoying. What's more, marking a URL as "never..." actually moved the unwanted item to the top of a suggestion list ;)

• Hey @jwojnowski,

Marking an item as 'Never fill on this website' will stop it from appearing in the inline menu suggestions beneath the field but if you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar you will still see the item here.

We have an internal issue whereby the autofill behavior rules are not respected with multiple websites/subdomains saved within a login item, is this what you are referring to?

If you want to prevent certain items from appearing altogether another option would be to move them to a separate vault and you can then disable this vault from appearing in your browser.

Let me know if you'd like the steps to achieve this.

This discussion has been closed.