Viewing attachments

Options
jlunis
jlunis
Community Member

In the 1PW trial. So far this seems quite complex, but I really want to move from Keeper.
I've finally managed to get an attachment into 1PW. when I select an item, scroll to Attachment and click it, I get "xxxxx.jpeg downlaoded." How do I view it?

1Password Version: 808.0
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jlunis! You'll need to download attachments in order to view them when using the 1Password 8 desktop app. Downloaded attachments can be found in your Downloads folder. However, you can sign in and view the item on 1Password.com in order to preview any attached images without downloading them first.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or concerns, let me know 😄

• jlunis
    jlunis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Took a photo of the document in Keeper and attached it to a record in 1PW. That document is still in 'Downloads.'
    Using the 1PW app, I go to the record, click on the attachment and get "Downloaded." No choice of 'View.'
    If this next paragraph needs a separate post, let me know.
    Using the 1PW app in android, I go to the record, tap the attachment and get "Preview." Tapping that gives me a list of 'Open with' apps. None of them are apps that open jpeg (e.g., Samsung Health). I tap on an attachment in email or Keeper on my android and get a choice of 3 photo apps. How do I open a iPW attachment in android?

• jlunis
    jlunis
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'm confused. I can only add an attachment using the 1PW windows app. Did that. I can only view the attachment without DL using the web page. On that records web page, there is no attachment. what am I missing. And I'm runnig out of trial time

• jlunis
    jlunis
    Community Member
    Options

For clarity, I've added an attachment to 2 records. Both attachments show in the 1PW windows app and my android app. Both record in Windows show "This item has an unsupported field"

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jlunis, apologies for the delay in response here, and for any confusion caused.

Using the 1PW app, I go to the record, click on the attachment and get "Downloaded." No choice of 'View.'

The desktop app doesn't yet provide a preview option. When downloading attachments from your items in the desktop app, these will be downloaded into the downloads folder on your device, and you can navigate to that folder to open and view them.

Tapping that gives me a list of 'Open with' apps. None of them are apps that open jpeg (e.g., Samsung Health). I tap on an attachment in email or Keeper on my android and get a choice of 3 photo apps. How do I open a iPW attachment in android?

I'm not sure what might be going on here. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread, your forum username, and a summary of the issue you're seeing when previewing items on Android, so our Android team can look into this for you?

I can only add an attachment using the 1PW windows app. Did that. I can only view the attachment without DL using the web page. On that records web page, there is no attachment. what am I missing. For clarity, I've added an attachment to 2 records. Both attachments show in the 1PW windows app and my android app. Both record in Windows show "This item has an unsupported field"

Could you let me know what file types these attachments are? And are these attachments in the main field in a Document type item, or are they attached to other item types?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• secureinsacto
    secureinsacto
    Community Member
    Options

I'll continue in this thread since I'm having the same experience. (But search forum "unsupported field" and I see this has been resolved as unsupported. So for now we'll use Google Drive for these images.)

From the desktop app:
    1) In a New Item - Secure Notes
    2) Add More... Attach a File
    3) Select a JPG file from desktop

On my PC (app), and on Android phone, the JPG can download.

But from our laptop accessing 1Password in browser, the JPG is "unsupported field" that cannot be downloaded. (The laptop does have software and meme type to view local JPG files.)

In the App:

In the browser:

• Hey @secureinsacto, thanks for reaching out.

At this time, file attachments are not supported on the 1Password.com web interface. So what you're seeing is the expected behaviour. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ali

This discussion has been closed.