[Bug/Regression] 1Password App stays open after unlock triggered from Browser

Options
Trminator
Trminator
Community Member

Hi, in the past, when unlocking the 1Password Desktop App on Windows for usage with the Browser Plugin in Chrome, it would open, I'd enter my password, and then the app would vanish into the background, again, to let me go on with the initial request I was dealing with in my browser.
Since a recent update to the Browser plugin, though, the desktop App does not go into the background anymore?!

P.S: 1PW Desktop is intentionally NOT up to date, due to another Bug, see here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/690797 )

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.8 (81008047)
Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.15.1 21500104, on BETA
OS Version: Windows 10 22H2 19045.3324
Browser: Chrome (and Chrome Portable)

Comments

• Hello @Trminator,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry you are having some troubles with 1Password for Windows not going in to the background when unlocking it through 1Password in the browser.

I've done some initial testing with 1Password for Windows 8.10.8 (81008047) and 1Password in the browser Beta 2.15.1 (21500104), but have unable to reproduce the behaviour you've described.

Could you provide the complete set of steps you are using to reproduce this behaviour so we can try to recreate and report it to the team?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

• Trminator
    Trminator
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d ,

I actually can't, because since the last windows Update and the reboot that came with it, it's all working as intended, again. So, thanks for your efforts, as well, this can be closed.

Best Regards,
    Michael

• Hey @Trminator, thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear everything is working as intended again! Don't hesitate to reach out if the issue ever reoccurs and we'll be happy to investigate further.

Ali

This discussion has been closed.