To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Login issues all of a sudden

Options
marckraus
marckraus
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Memberships

I have 1Password installed on my laptop or Windows laptop. I have the PDF with my secret key. My password has not changed. I am unable to log into 1Password. It said something about the password being changed but it has not. I am logged out of all browsers. If I have my secret key, can you please help me get logged into my 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• marckraus
    marckraus
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome. Windows 10 and windows 11

• Hey @marckraus, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues signing in to your 1Password account.

Is this issue only occurring when attempting to sign in from 1Password for Windows (desktop app) or 1Password in your browser (extension)? Are you able to sign in to your account on 1Password.com?

Since this is an account matter, I'd like to ask you to send your reply in an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Ali

• marckraus
    marckraus
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening on the desktop version. The chrome browser. And online. Nothing has changed on my end yet. It’s saying email and secret password mismatch. Any additional advice?

• marckraus
    marckraus
    Community Member
    Options

Mobile as well.

• Hey @marckraus, do you have any devices that are still signed in to your 1Password account? If you do, search for a 1Password Account item, which contains your account password and Secret Key. This can help you verify that you're entering the proper credentials.

If that doesn't work, we have an article with some tips for remembering your password:
    If you forgot your password or you can't unlock 1Password

If you're still running into issues after the above, we will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address (and include a link to this thread) so we can continue the conversation there.

Ali

• marckraus
    marckraus
    Community Member
    Options

The only thing I can get into is the chrome extension when I go to a website but ask for a password. From there that is within the chrome extension can I see my secret? I know that you can’t see your password because that’s typically blank or waiting you to enter what the current one is

• marckraus
    marckraus
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot comprehend how this software all of a sudden stops working when I didn’t touch my password or my secret key and it was working yesterday morning. I really need some guidance and troubleshooting advice.

This discussion has been closed.