Safariextension stops working - Communication failed

Options
BKrnk
BKrnk
Community Member

After installing the current beta, the Safari extension no longer works. I get the error messages (displayed in the screenshots below)

I restarted the phone already. Login in the 1Password app is possible.

Here some screenshots:

1Password Version: 8.10.16 (81016015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @BKrnk! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an error message on your iPhone. It looks like 1Password for Safari is having trouble authenticating. Please try the following steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Does this resolve the issue or do you see the same message? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Dave, thank you for your answer. I followed your steps but the problem stays the same.

Furthermore I tried to login (in safari) with FaceID and my password. Both brings the same error message. Can I provide some Analyse data?

Additional (for a next release) you might can change the login screen in safari. If you type in your password the password field is half covered by the keyboard.

• @BKrnk

I'm sorry that the steps didn't help. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thank you Dave. i appreciate your help. I sent the diagnostic report. Now I will wait for the support ID and will post it here asap.

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P till now I did not got a automatic reply. So I can’t provide you with a support ID

• @BKrnk

I'm sorry that you didn't get an automatic reply. I see that your diagnostics report made it to the correct team and you'll receive a reply over email as soon as one of my colleagues reviews the report.

-Dave

ref: ZVJ-82496-779

• hevak
    hevak
    Community Member
    Options

I’m sorry to say I’m also seeing this issue now, which is really frustrating. What happened to 1Password, it used to be so reliable.

• @hevak

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the issue. Are you using the beta version of 1Password for iOS or the stable version from the App Store?

-Dave

• hevak
    hevak
    Community Member
    Options

This was on the most recent test flight version. I downloaded the App Store version and everything started working again.

• @BKrnk and @hevak

Our developers are investigating the issue, could you tell me the following so that I can pass the information along to the team:

1. Do you have two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account?
    2. If you do have 2FA enabled, are you using a TOTP authenticator app or a security key?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• hevak
    hevak
    Community Member
    Options
    1. yes
    2. TOTP App
  • BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes and 2. TOTP App

But as I understand if you login on a computer you need to put your security code aswell.

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@hevak and @BKrnk

Thank you! I've passed this information along to our development team, it will help us to narrow and ultimately prevent the issue from occurring in the first place. The team and I appreciate both of your assistance. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23840

• FriedEngineer
    FriedEngineer
    Community Member
    Options

I am also seeing this on the Test Flight beta as well (1Password for iOS 8.10.16 81016026, on BETA channel).

The 1Password app is working but extension seems to be completely broken. I cannot get it to unlock with either FaceID or my password (I tried manually typing it in as well as copying and pasting it in).

• @FriedEngineer

Thank you for also reporting the issue, our developers are working on getting a fix included in a future beta version of 1Password for iOS. For now, you can workaround the issue by using the stable version instead: ‎1Password: Password Manager on the App Store

-Dave

• TataruTaru
    TataruTaru
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

More of a continuation on the fault. I can login fine with faceID, however I get a red cloud marker on both iOS and iPadOS 17 using the BETA.

I've done the steps in the first post, but it doesn't seem to connect, when I press the cloud, it asks if I want to continue to sign in, but it just shows the same issue

Edit: Just saw the closed topic below about this. Sent in a report too, so I’ll leave it at that..

• eccgecko
    eccgecko
    Community Member
    Options

Also seeing this issue in 1P 8.0.16 (81016026) TestFlight Beta, on both iOS 16.6.1 and iOS 17 RC Beta. 1P Account has hardware TOTP enabled.

• @TataruTaru and @eccgecko

Thank you for the reports. We hope to have a fix included in a future update to the beta version. For now, you can workaround the issue by using the stable version instead: ‎1Password: Password Manager on the App Store

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.