1password extensions crashing on MacOS Sonoma Beta

Options
ramaral
ramaral
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there. I'm testing 1Password on MacOS Sonoma Beta and it seems that it crashes at least in my iMac (the same problem is less present but still happens on my MacBook Pro).
It is not an Apple Silicon, both are still Intel based. The iMac is particularly slow and this may have something to do with the crashes.
Moreover, the system is crashing all the time for "WindowServer" problems. 6 times in the last day at least.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.9 (81009045)
Extension Version: 2.13.1 on Chrome
OS Version: MacOS 14.0
Browser: All Browsers

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@ramaral

Thanks for the report. I can't reproduce this on my Apple Silicon. I'll get something filed before the team on your behalf for these Intel devices. Just to clarify once again this is 1Password for Mac and not the browser extension. Because of the issue you mentioned (and all browsers) I would think that's a yes, but want to make sure so I can get the report correct. It also seems to tickle a browser issue in the back of my head. Please let me know.

• ramaral
    ramaral
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it is a mix of both. First, it takes eons for 1password to open after restart (as all apps - Sonoma so far is terrible for Intel Macs, don't do it if you can). I am forced to close it and reopen it. But before that, all browser extensions (Edge Beta, Chrome, Safari) crash (it opens the tab saying 'a problem has occurred'). After the system stabilizes, the crashes do diminish.

This is my set up: 3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 - 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

• Thank you.

ref: dev/core/core#23102
    ref: dev/core/core#23103

• @ramarl

Has the slow to start behavior improved with subsequent Sonoma betas?

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

I have similar issues on the latest Sonoma & 1PW beta with the M1 chip.
    It can take forever to input the password in the browser extension (across browsers), and it seems to lock me out much more frequently even when all settings in both the main app and browser extension have been disabled or set to e.g. 4 hours.
    It doesn't really crash but have lots of hangs

• @krusnof

Thank you for the report. Please update to the latest macOS Sonoma beta as well as 1Password for Mac version 8.10.13. If you can still reproduce the same issue after the updates then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P Still an issue. Latest Sonoma beta, and 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016015).
    [#HVN-68878-847]

• I'm sorry for the disruption @krusnof, I have located your support ticket and the team will be in touch soon.

ref: HVN-68878-847

• John Dyer
    John Dyer
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, installed latest sonoma beta and 1password wouldnt open. I tried the nightly beta and it wont even install ... it just hangs

• Hey @John Dyer,

I'm sorry for the trouble, are you also able to send over the details as requested above to support+forum@1password.com so we can take a closer look?

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.