Feature Request: Autofill for online banking passwords

I'm not sure of the how online banking works in Canada, but in the UK, we are asked to enter specific characters from our password when logging in. For example, we may be asked to enter the 5th, 8th and 11th characters of our password. When this happens, I have to reveal the password in 1Password for Mac and work those characters out myself.

It would be great if 1Password 4 could include a feature that dynamically filled these characters in like other passwords are filled in at the moment. If it can't make version 4, perhaps in an incremental update?

Keep up the good work!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

It's certainly a tricky problem to solve. There isn't really a standard for communicating which fields need to be filled with which characters. It's something that is on our radar, but I can't give a time frame for when or even if it would be available. I'll make sure the developers know you are looking for this!

In the meantime, you might consider using the "password ruler" trick a lot of folks employ to make choosing the correct character easier. Store the password as a Note with each character enumerated like this

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13
     n  d  R  3  h  n  H  2  q  f  Q  Q  3

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.